Google recently did you a HUGE favor, and you may have missed it. Long notorious …
Last week, we hosted a Google Partners Connect simulcast event at the Centresource Lab.
One of the speakers at the event, Fred Vallaeys, Google AdWords Evangelist, outlined a handful of tools that Google provides (most are free!) that can boost your online marketing efforts. Some of these, you’re probably already aware of, and some you may not be. Here’s a quick run-down on what those tools were, and how they can be used:
- Google+ For Business – This one is vital if you have a physical location that you want customers to come to. By setting up your business’ Google+ page, you can claim your business address on Google Maps, add info like your company phone number or photos, and ask for customer reviews, all of which show up in Google’s search results, whenever someone searches for your business.
- Google Webmaster Tools – This tool is great to find out what keywords people are searching for before arriving on your site, and if you have any obvious SEO problems. If your site gets hacked, Google Webmaster Tools can alert you and help you correct it. If there are pages that are showing up in search results that you don’t want to have there, or if there are pages that aren’t showing up that should be, this tool can help you figure all that out.
- Google AdWords – This tool lets businesses of any size get new customers, by making sure that your site is showing up for the search keywords that users looking for your product or service would most likely be searching. Not only that, but you can also use the Google Display Network to make sure your ads show up on other relevant websites that your potential customers might be looking at.
- YouTube TrueView – This is a great way to show potential customers what your product or service looks like. Videos allow you to convey your passion or what makes your product superior more effectively than just about any other method. TrueView makes sure that only users that are interested in your video are seeing it, and you only pay if they view the video, not if they choose to skip it. (Need help making the video to use? Our video marketing team would love to help!)
- Google Analytics – If you want to know who is coming to your website, or how many are coming, or what they are doing when then are on your site, Google Analytics is your tool. This one is so crucial, we install it by default on pretty much everything we build at Centresource.
- Google Trends – This tool shows you what’s happening on Google worldwide, outside of your website. This reveals what’s trending in search queries over time. The data can be broken down by region, so you can see what the trends are among search queries in your region, compared to other regions.
- Google Alerts – Here’s an easy way to keep up-to-date on what people are saying about your business, your product or even your competitors online. You plug in your keywords and your email address, and Google emails you with regular updates on any new pages it finds that feature your keywords.
If you have comments, questions or thoughts on anything that was covered here, or anything else about how to better market your business online, leave us a comment below, or contact us here!
Looking for more marketing tips picked up from the Google Partners simulcast? Check out Great Stats and Facts Picked Up at the Google Partners Connect Event
Written by Shaun Jackson.
Shaun Jackson is a marketing strategist at Centresource. You can find him on Google+ and LinkedIn. Over the past five years, Shaun has helped over 100 clients make sense of their website analytics, attract more customers and boost their conversion rates.