Providing an end-of-year client gift to a few customers that stood out and showing them …
Evan Owens and myself had pleasure of going to this year’s 2010 .NET Magazine Awards held at London’s legendary Ministry of Sound. As you might have read via our blog, our twitter feed, our website, our skywriting airplane, our fortune cookie inserts and various latte art advertisements, centresource was a finalist for “Design Agency of the Year” along with interactive rockstars Clearleft (the defending champ) and juggernaut, Happy Cog.
This was my second year to go, as my firm Otterball was nominated last year, so I was already familiar with the stiff competition. I mean, it is an honor to even be considered among industry leaders like Andy Budd, Jeremy Keith and Jeffery Zeldman. Although, we did try to intimidate them with our taunting wrestling promo:
Making the jump across the pond is always a great opportunity to connect with our brilliant friends Dan Oliver, Oliver Lindberg and Tom May over at .Net Magazine not to mention network with the very best the interactive market has to offer.
Here is a list of this year’s winners – congratulations to everyone nominated (that’s what
losers like us we say to make ourselves feel better)!
- Podcast of the year: Sitepoint podcast
- Video podcast of the year:The Big Web Show
- Viral campaign of the year: Old Spice
- Web personality of the year: Jason Santa Maria
- Blog of the year: Smashing Magazine
- Community site of the year: Ravelry
- Innovation of the year: node.js
- Best API use: Flipboard
- Mobile app of the year: Dropbox
- Standards champion: Jeffrey Zeldman
- Web app of the year: TypeKit
- Interactive site of the year: Google Chrome Fastball
- Mobile site of the year: Flickr
- Open source application of the year: Modernizr
- Redesign of the year: BBC News
- Design Agency of the year: Happy Cog